Every year Caesarstone invites South Africa’s design institutions and universities to participate in the annual Student Designer competition.
Architecture and interior design departments from universities, colleges and design institutions around South Africa are invited to submit their top 5 entries, selected from 2nd and 3rd year students.
The Caesarstone Student Designer competition has become well-known for creating job opportunities for the winners and finalists, as industry professionals recognise the competition as the ideal opportunity to headhunt for young design talent.
We are now in our 13th year and cannot wait to see what the 2020 entrants have to offer
Prizes worth R 100, 000
The Top 9 Finalists and their lecturers will be flown-in to attend an exciting awards evening at a snazzy location where the top 3 winners will be announced.
THE WINNER and their lecturer will be sent on an all-expenses-paid trip to an international design fair of their choice, courtesy of Caesarstone worth R100,000.00. Flights, airport and hotel transfers, meals, accommodation and spending money are all included. Visa-related costs are excluded.
THE RUNNER-UP will receive R15,000.00.
THE 2nd RUNNER-UP will receive R5,000.00.
*BEST PRESENTATION & MODEL will receive R7,500. *Bonus prize
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must feature Caesarstone material.
- Entrants must be either be second or third year students from registered South African tertiary institutions offering architecture, interior design or interior architecture qualifications.
- Only 5 entries per faculty, per institution will be accepted.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be filmed and have your names and image used in the media and online.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that do not meet the competition and submission requirement criteria will be disqualified.
- Caesarstone reserves the right to amend the competition rules at any time.
- Submissions will not be returned and remain property of Caesarstone.
- This competition not open to employees of International Slab Sales (Pty) Ltd, or their immediate families.
- Caesarstone reserves the right to use all aspects of each submission for advertorial, editorial or advertising purposes without restraint. No claim can be made against Caesarstone for the use of photographs and drawings submitted for the competition.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Entrants must be either second or third-year students from registered South African tertiary institutions offering architecture, interior design or interior architecture qualifications
The submission deadline for entries is 6 September 2019. Please courier entries to 10 Gold Street, Northgate Estate, Cape Town, 7405 – for ATT: Marketing Department. Late entries will be disqualified.
Each institution is permitted to submit their top five entries from each department for final judging. ONLY 3 x A2 STORY BOARDS / DRAWINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED IF ADDITIONAL BOARDS ARE SUBMITTED THE ENTRY WILL IMMEDIATELY BE DISQUALIFIED. ANY, UNLAMINATED ENTRIES WILL ALSO BE DISQUALIFIED.
Entries must include:
- 3 x A2 matt-laminated drawings
- Designed as 3 x INDIVIDUAL, landscape boards, numbered in their order (i.e. 1, 2, 3)
- Accompanying USB flash drive with files in both high-res and low-res formats in either jpeg or PDF
- Entrants must clearly mark the revers of each A2 matt-laminated drawings with the below details:
* Student’s name and surname
* Entrant’s email address and contact number
* Lecturer’s name and surname
* Lecturer’s email address and contact number
* Name of Institution
* Department of architecture or interior design
* Year of study
Please carefully package your entries with backing board. Submissions will not be returned and will remain the property of Caesarstone.
Caesarstone adheres to strict BLIND JUDGING policies, which means the judges never know who the student is, what area they are from, which department they are from (interior design or architecture), or even the name of the university. The judging is a full day process. First, the Top 9 finalists are selected. This leads to the selection of the Top 3 finalists. Lastly, the winner is selected.
To be confirmed.
The Top 9 finalists are announced +/- one week after the judging day. The Top 3 finalists / Winner is then announced at the prestigious awards evening. Please note, if you are not contacted, you have unfortunately not been chosen as a finalist.
PRESENTATION IS VERY IMPORTANT!
- The presentation of your submission should reflect the brief.
- Get your message across graphically.
- Avoid too much text.
- Check your spelling, especially of the name Caesarstone.
- Judges needs to understand your thought process.
- Don’t overcrowd or clutter presentation sheets.
- Keep graphics simple, clean and neat by distilling the essence of your design.
- Text must be limited to bullet points.
- Emphasise your key points.
- A new award this year will be given for best model and presentation to the value of R7,500.
- The winner will not be excluded from the additional prize and could be eligible for best designer of the year and best presentation.
Submissions will not be returned and remain property of Caesarstone.